The OWLS Licensed Practical Nurse is classified as both an Internal Staff and Field Licensed Practical Nurse into a combined position. Working under the supervision of our RN, the LPN is an integral part of our Nurse Managed Care Team. To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 216-282-6957 to schedule a conversation.
- Current Ohio LPN license in good standing with the Ohio Board of Nursing with designation of completion of a course in medication administration.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Experience in Home Care is preferred.
- Follow established standards of nursing practices and implement company policies and procedures.
- Interpret existing policies and procedures to caregiving staff, clients, and families.
Responsibilities Under the Direction and Supervision of RN Nurse Manager:
- Performs In Home Consultations.
- Develops an accurate, comprehensive Plan of Care based on each client’s comprehensive assessment.
- Conducts Supervisory Visits to evaluate client care.
- Updates Plan of Care as necessary.
- Completes 1-2 Supervisory visits, on average, weekly. Supervisory visits have specific periodic dates and are pre-scheduled at the client’s convenience.
- Follows staffing guidelines and makes caregiver assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the client.
- Periodically conducts staff care training, staff orientation visits and refill medication management in the home of Clients.
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household.
- Establishes a relationship with client and family which transmits trust and confidentiality.
- Obtains continuing education relating to the long-term care field of nursing, using company web based education provider.
Organizational Relationship: The OWLS LPN reports directly to the RN Nurse Manager for case management purposes and he/she also coordinates with the Director and Client Care Manager(s) to schedule visits and staff training and or meetings.
- Must have a car with required insurance and a state driver’s license or reliable transportation.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to the extent required by the position.
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
- Able to travel to prospective clients’ residences.
Position Classification/Compensation: This position is non-exempt hourly with a rate commensurate with experience.
As a community based Company, we value any employee referrals in expanding The OWLS community. We have instituted a referral bonus program in which you may choose to participate as you contribute to The OWLS’ growth.